All LAST products are covered with our warranty and with the the implied warranty. Most products are also part of our replacement programm. The implied warranty depends on the country where a product has been purchased. The conditions for the implied warranty are regulated by public law. The conditions for the LAST warrant are given below. Details concerning the Crash Replacement Program can be seen here
To avoid warranty cases we give special attention to our product development and testing. Here our team gives us a big hand. You won’t find any LAST product not being tested for it’s strength, be it in on the track or on a test stand. The quality of our suppliers is constantly controlled. If something gets damaged in spite of our efforts, please refer to the warranty conditions below. Please notice that all of us are taking part in an extreme sport. Damage can happen to any product as a result of accidents, crashes or abusive riding. We can not cover these cases with our warranty, but we do our best to handle all warranty requests with the rider in mind.
Warranty conditions for LAST products:
- LAST products are warranted against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a limited period of 2 years from the date of original retail purchase. Proof of purchase required. This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the bicycle cannot be broken or will last forever. Please refer to the documents included with your bicycle for possible further restrictions. This limited warranty gives the consumer specific legal rights. The consumer may also have other legal rights which vary from location of purchase. Some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long implied warranties last, so the limitations or exclusions given below may not apply to you.
- We only take responsibility for product properties which were declared by us.
- Within the warranty period we will repair or replace damaged parts free of charge (exclusions see below). Replaced parts become our property. If the part is no more available we may replace it with a similar part. This warranty does not give you any other claims. Especially any labour cost, for example at your local bike shop, and transportation fees are not covered. Any shipments to us have to be free of charge for us, otherwise we will reject them. The return of replaced/repaired parts will be free of charge for you. Extra cost for express transportation is not covered.
- This warranty is void if the bicycle is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, alterations, modifications, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper conditions.
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear, including the results of fatigue, is not covered. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame being worn out through use. It is one kind of wear and tear. For example the following parts are not covered by this warranty: bearings, seals, non metallic parts used in shocks, powder coating, decals and lubricants. In the user’s manual you’ll find inspection intervals for these parts.
- If the frame is deformed this represents no warranty case. Frame deformation is caused by abusive use of the bicycle or accidents. The press in depth of headset cups must be a minimum of 20 mm to avoid deformation of the head tube.
- No warranty case is deformation or crack of the derailleur hanger because we do not declare it’s resistance to forces that may be applied.
- Warranty is void if you use improper accessories with a product or install accessories improperly. We recommend that all installations shall be made by a technician.
- Warranty is void if you machine, sand, file, drill, saw, bend or do any other modification to the frame which is not allowed and described within the user’s manual.
- The riders weight may not exceed 120 kg.
- For warranty on installed parts on our products, for example shocks, please refer to the producer/distributor of the part.
- With any part sent in for warranty we need a copy of the original receipt. We also need a photo which is taken directly after you discovered the damage on your part. The photo has to show the damaged part with all accessories/parts installed and a newspaper (to give proof of the date when the photo was taken).
- All accessories must be removed from the product you send in, exclusion: shocks. If we have to remove parts from your product, for example the bottom bracket, we will charge you the labour. If we receive frames with parts on them, we are not responsible for damage on these parts or on the frame that results from the process of disassembling the parts from the frame.
- A warranty case does not prolong the warranty period neither initialise a new warranty period.
- The handling of warranty cases is only done by us. The product must be sent in through the dealer where it was purchased.
- If certain parts of the warranty conditions are void, the rest of the warranty conditions stay valid.
The expressions “LAST”, “we” and “us” refer to LAST International Limited